CANTON REGENCY, CANTON, OH
Mike’s passion for the residents that our own clients serve (residents in skilled nursing and assisted living) and the questions he asks to understand their care needs is impressive. He is not just focused on the technical aspects, but the whole picture of client satisfaction. The game plan changes dramatically once the project starts and this is not a problem for Adrian Design Group.
This is a comprehensive multiple phased project, renovating two separate buildings on this campus. Renovation upgrades at this senior facility were designed to meet and exceed modern market demands based esthetic standards and users expectations. Features of design focused on the use of the residents, staff and visitors.
- This project was coordinated in multiple phases to accommodate the residents and staff while providing a feasible work plan for the construction crews.
- Phase-One involved the renovation of several vacant resident rooms. This provided the incentive to gracefully place residents into a newly finished dwelling unit while clearing larger areas for the future renovation phases.
- Phase-Two renovated 20,000 sf, the entire second floor of a skilled care facility, creating a specialized 21 bed memory care center. This renovation produced an enhanced open floor plan with several common areas. A popular space created is the Sunroom. This multi-use space that has the feel of an outdoor screened porch.
- Phase-Three renovated many common area spaces in and around a three story atrium of the main building. Common areas were designed to be hospitality spaces shared by residents and visitors. New rooms included a Bistro, Wi-Fi Café, Pub, Beauty Shop, Library, Crafts Room, Fitness Center, Library, Chapel, Resident Lounge and Theater Room. These renovation/upgrades enhanced the resident, staff and visitor experience by creating a more welcoming environment.
- Phase-Four changed the use group of a portion of the existing 137,500 sf building from residential use to Assisted Living (I-1). This phase of the project renovated 32,850 sf, of the first and second floors of the Canton Regency north wing. The renovation converted 48 Independent Living resident units into 40 Assisted Living units. The Assisted Living conversion reworked some common areas, added a new elevator and added several life safety features to bring the building into conformance with the current building codes.
- The renovation attracted new residents who have enjoyed the facilities new amenities and visual grandeur.
- The Canton community market recognizes Canton Regency as a very desirable option for a family friendly Senior Care Facility.
- It has greatly improved the performance of the asset.